Fish Product Authenticity
As one of the leading laboratories for animal species testing, we also offer ISO accredited species determination for fish and fish products. With our universal DNA sequencing method we determine the species of fresh and frozen fish and seafood as well as fish eggs and caviar, fish products, such as fish on pizza, canned fish or ready meals. A major advantage of our fish test is that we do not need to know beforehand, which species are expected. Our approach enables us to determine all common fish and seafood species as well as exotic fishes. Additionally, we offer a specific qualitative Real-Time PCR assay for the detection of up to 11 fish species in mixed samples. In the year 2014 we detected more than 60 different fish species among all tested samples.
The following list shows commonly consumed fishes that can be detected:
With our specific real-time PCR approach we can detect the following species also in complex mixtures:
• Norway and Atlantic Pollock (Theragra chalcogramma/ Theragra finnmarchica)
• Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar)
• Pink Salmon (Oncorhynchus gorbuscha)
• Coho Salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch)
• Sockeye Salmon (Oncorhynchus nerka)
• Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)
• Shark Catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus)
• Haddock (Melanogrammus aeglefinus)
• Pacific Cod (Gadus macrocephalus)
• Atlantic Cod (Gadus morhua)
• Saithe (Pollachius virens)
Please contact us so we can discuss your requests and questions.